Friday, April 16, 2010

1991 Topps "Operation Desert Shield" All-Star #386

Given out to our brave service men and women in '91, these parallels to the base set have a sweet, gold-foil stamped "Operation Desert Shield" logo...

Photobucket

They are on the higher-end of the price spectrum (All-Star's of the time such as Bonds, Clemens, and Henderson can run anywhere from $10 to $40 dollars). I picked up the Cecil All-Star for $1.25 at checkoutmycards.com, and added his regular base ODS card off the 'Bay for $.99!

Photobucket

Oh yeah, wanna know what the most expensive Desert Shield card on Ebay is? Ungraded? The Chipper Jones RC.

***Sorry to my followers for the lack of posts this past week, 5 Tigers games in 5 days left me drained (OK, so I was a little tipsy). I'll be in Chicago this weekend doin' my yearly Wrigley Rooftop with the fellas, but I'll be back Monday with more Big Daddy and some details on the first ever Totally Cecil contest to be held in June.

By the way, check out Grand Cards for some bonus Fielder action!***

No comments:

Post a Comment